AVIC411.com

Problem with Avic HD3. Possible laser problem?

Hi, I am having problems with my Avic HD3. When you put a CD or DVD in it it comes up that the disc is unreadable. Tried several discs and I know they are ok. I have tried to clean the laser head with a cleaning CD but it has made no difference. I can hear the CD spinning up and it says checking disc so I can only think it is a problem with the laser? Does anybody know where I can get a replacement laser and also has anybody got instructions how to strip the unit down to replace it.

I believe that the HD3 is the European version of the Z series so was hopeful of some help.

Thanks.

I'd first try cleaning it properly... cleaning cd's are rubbish, and often cause more problems instead of solving them.

Best way is to open it up and clean the lens with isopropyl alcohol....

Just to let you know. The laser from an Avic x1r works and fits perfectly. HD3 up and running fine. Some people tell you they dont fit. They do. Best of all dead easy to fit. A lot easier than an Avic x1r. Laser from e-bay £39. Good stuff.