AVIC411.com

AVIC-X920BT used or newer unit.

Found a package deal locally for an AVIC-X920BT still new in the box with an amp (JL Audio XD600/6) and JL audio amp install kit for $650. Seems like a decent price for everything as it's all new, not sure where they got a new X920BT but it's as new as never been installed. Also with the ability to updates the maps and BT in the 920 upto a 930 is nice.

Going in a 2011 Scion XB that has no updates as of yet, I do have a pair of Alpine SPX-17REF and a PDX-5 amp that I was going to use but with this package I think the JL amp is a little nicer.

Other HU I has looking at was the AVH-P8400BH as I like using my Garmin for the GPS. Local price on the P8400BH is $550 out the door. So for $550 I can use the newer 8400BH with my PDX-5 and SPX-17REF or for $650 the X920BT an older model HU with the JL amp and SPX-17REF in front.

personally, I'd say go for the avic, and sell the JL amp, use the PDX, and then end up spending even less for the upgrade. shoudln't have much trouble getting $200 -$300 for a brand new JL full system amp.

i just think the design of the PDX is a little better for a full system amp, such as four main speakers and one good sub. such as four channels 75W rms @ 4 ohm + one channel 300w rms @ 2 ohm ) since the most common setup for a good sub is 4 ohm DVC (2ohm total). the JL would be be good if you had four main speakers and bridging the last two channels for 200 watts @ 4 ohm (kinda weak on the sub) or you could do only two main speakers and two sub channels again at 200 watts each @ 4ohm. i just think that a little odd of a set up. i would always rather have one higher quality sub that out preforms and takes up less space than two lower level subs.

again, just my opinion, YMMV.