AVIC411.com

z120bt noob needs help! - australia

first off sorry if this is posted in the wrong section!

hey guys as the title says im totally new to double din units, as ive had a single din alpine unit for the last couple years. its time to upgrade!

the alpine has been great with bluetooth, usb, ipod connectivity , fm/am ect but really after the function of the navigation and the other options you get with a double din unit.

i've been mainly looking at the Avic z120bt as it has everything im looking for and more, and its reasonablity priced.

now my dilemma.. i've seen some used units on ebay go for roughly $700 but im worried about the maps ( they only seem to offer USA/ Canada). is there a way that i can get my hands on the latest full loaded maps for Australia?

will there be any issues with the radio or anything else for that fact? i dont want to buy the unit and then be stuck with half the functions not working becuase it is not compatible in australia.

i have been looking for an australian pioneer distributor who has this unit and that i can buy from directly knowing everything will work 100% without any issues.

if you guys could point me in the right directions that would be great!

kind regards,

can some one school me on the avic F220 unit? i found one in australia which has the autralian and new zealand maps pre loaded.

say if i buy this unit and then buy the US model Z120bt and tranfer the maps over will it work?

someone willing to chime in here?

been in contact with ralpharn but no responce to my many questions yet.

dootie.

• 7 months later...