AVIC411.com

Buy AppRadio 2 in the US & use it in Europe - is it possible?

I want to buy the AppRadio in my next trip to the US (next month) and install and use in Europe. I know that the radio frequencies are different, and sometimes that's a problem. Is that the case with the AppRadio 2 as well, or should it work in Europe without any issues?

Thanks a lot

Hi kramerica,

I bought an appradio in the USA recently and had it installed in my car here in The Netherlands. I have been told the wiring is a bit different, but couldn't give you specific details on that since I'm a noob when it comes to the technical stuff. However, it didn't pose a significant problem and installation has worked fine until now. I am very happy with it.

Radio frequencies, because of the difference, DON'T work well, but this still needs some looking into and trying things out. I am hoping that with installing the European soft- and/or firmware the frequency problem can be solved. Have been on holiday for the past few weeks, so didn't have time to try this yet. You can always work around the Pioneer radio and use internet radio through your phone.

Bottom line is: unit works great. However, you need to be willing to do some experimenting and probably will have to wait for some tweaks in software we might expect from the people at XDA (but most users I see on this forum would like some tweaks anyway...).

You should be able to buy the unit for significantly less than in Europe. I bought mine through eBay for $317! But... Beware of VAT and other taxes when importing to Europe. Cost me about $80 extra...

Good luck!