AVIC411.com

Can I add a second Aux input through the IP Bus?

I have an X910BT that I am hooking up in my Ford Excursion. I have my primary rear inputs connected to my iPod, but need a second set of rear inputs for my factory rear DVD. I picked up one of these off eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IP-BUS-Aux-Input-Adapter-Cable-CD-RB10-for-Pioneer-iPod-/150838338987?pt=US_Adapters&hash=item231eaa65ab

I was hoping I could use the IP Bus input for this, but I can't get it to work. I have tried setting Aux1 and Aux2 to Video and to Ext, but have not gotten any sound through the system. Any thoughts? Is there an easier way to get a second Aux inout on the rear of the unit?

This was the only one I could find:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-IU51V-iPhone-Navigation-models/dp/B004HW6F74/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Is that the one that you were talking about? I don't have the mini jack in the back of my receiver, only on the front. From what I understand that front jack may play the music but it won't allow me to control the iPod.

Is there a way I can turn on the ip-bus as an EXT source? Does the ip-bus need a converter to power the input so that it recognizes there is a signal?

Okay, that's fair, but will it work?

My concern is that I cannot use the IP Bus input on the x910bt for this kind of pass through. I notice on the HU specs it says that it can be used for Sirius, HD Radio, and stuff like that. Those devices have some kind of interface that the x910bt picks up when their attached and it automatically allows you to use them.

However, with the IP-Bus adapter made by Pioneer, there really is no powered interface, do I need to turn on an Aux in somehow? Will it even work?