AVIC411.com

F90BT, Tired of old maps Tele 2009.6

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the same boat. I updated the firmware with the pioneer website info but now am currently working on hacking the unit to do new windows CE update and maps. Ill let you know how it turns out.

I work at a dealership and this guy left the avic f90bt unit in the truck...so after talking to my boss (my brother) he let me remove it as long as I put a stereo back in it. So I am fairly new to this avic hacking but excited to try it...might take a while. Maybe someone with more experience can point you in a better direction.

I just read the forum posts/info...very helpful you should give it a try, I bet its faster than waiting on a response.

Quick question in regards to this - If you have already got the V3.0 with the hacks etc already on your device and you just want to update the map files (which I have downloaded already)...is it just a matter of copy and paste the contents of the different directories onto the device?

I don't have to do a full system update and re-install the firmware do I?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...