AVIC411.com

XM icons on X940 - auto download?

I probably know the answer but do XM icons automatically download on these units? I'm getting the generic satellite icon on a number of stations that, I think, have been on air since well before the X940 was released. Ozzy's Boneyard for instance. Maybe auto download isn't possible on the X940 OS; however, I owned a Pioneer Inno several years ago that updated icons automatically. And those units were first released in 2006. Assuming it isn't possible I assume we'll have to wait for the next firmware update to get new icons.

Thanks VBlue. Silly question. You could have said RTFM page 143. :-)

Are you serious about next firmware? The next unit? I obviously haven't been keeping up with new units in the last few years. Has that been the normal release schedule? New firmware for previous (compatible) units when the new unit is released?

Thanks VBlue. Silly question. You could have said RTFM page 143. :-)

Are you serious about next firmware? The next unit? I obviously haven't been keeping up with new units in the last few years. Has that been the normal release schedule? New firmware for previous (compatible) units when the new unit is released?

Pioneer will only release a firmware update to a unit if there is a serious bug issue that seriously contradicts a function that is suppose to be on the unit or a situation that may cause danger. Sometimes they do release maintenance updates that may include XM logos but it is very rare. Its just not considered a priority. When the next unit in this series is released, Pioneer will issue a paid map upgrade that will include most if not all of the new features offered on the new unit and that will usually include the newest XM logos. That all being said, I feel the 140\940 series of units may in fact be the last in this series and will likely be replaced by a new hardware unit for 2013 so nothing I stated above will likely apply. The bottom line is you likely aren't going to see new XM logos anytime soon if at all. We will simply have to wait until this time next year to know for sure.