AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 upgrade to AVIC-Z140BH questions

Hello all,

I currently have an AVIC-D3 with the BTB200 and SIR-PNR2 add-ons along with a rear video system in a 2007 Ford Expedition. I'm looking to updrade to the Z140BH and have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with?

1) I'm wondering just how different the wiring is going to be for the new HU. For example, will the speed and parking brake connectors(may just do bypass on this one) that are used on the D3 work or will I need to put new ones on? The Power wiring block?

2) Currently, the steering wheel controls work on the D3. Will the wiring connections be the same on the Z140BH? Also, it currently doesn't mute when the reverse senser kicks on, which can be very annoying. Is there a feature for that on the Z140BH?

3) I'm assuming the GPS and microphone connectors will still work with this unit. I know the BTB200 goes away but can I still use the microphone?

4) Any other major differences between the AVIC-D3 install and the AVIC-Z140BH install? I know there have been lots of models in-between so I'm trying to cover all of my bases before I decide on the Z140BH.

I really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks, Bob