AVIC411.com

Recently installed the 8400BH, and I seem to be having a couple of issues. The main one is that whenever a CD plays, there's no artist, song, or album information displayed. Just the teeny, tiny track number in the middle of the screen. When I expand for a complete track listing, it's just Track 1, and so on. I've gotten into the menu about as deep as I can but I can't find anything there to solve my problem.

Anyone else having this issue?

Y

Recently installed the 8400BH, and I seem to be having a couple of issues. The main one is that whenever a CD plays, there's no artist, song, or album information displayed. Just the teeny, tiny track number in the middle of the screen. When I expand for a complete track listing, it's just Track 1, and so on. I've gotten into the menu about as deep as I can but I can't find anything there to solve my problem.

Anyone else having this issue?

I dont. But your issue is that your music is not properly organized/named/labled. What you mentioned only happens when the file is not named properly and/or doesnt have proper tags.

Y

I dont. But your issue is that your music is not properly organized/named/labled. What you mentioned only happens when the file is not named properly and/or doesnt have proper tags.

I could see that if I had the music on an SD card of USB stick, but this is when I have a CD loaded. If it is able to display a progress bar with elapsed and remaining time, it certainly seems to be able to read info from the disc. My crappy factory HU was able to read these same discs, so why can't this top-of-the-line unit give me album info?

Doesn't seem right to me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Old post but hoping someone has an answer to this, I have the same problem. Surely the itsie bitsie track number is not all that can be displayed when listening to a CD? I know me and the OP are a dying breed that still buy physical CD's and prefer uncompressed music...surely this unit can display more than a crappy track number.

Comercial CDs dont contain text info or at least most don't. The only reason you may have seen that on older units is because those units support the CDDB database that has a large catalog of CD titles to match with the CDs when loaded. But as one of you already stated: CDs are a dyeing breed and manufactures aren't going to support older standards when most users are moving on to more modern forms of media. Do yourself a favor and get a USB device and rip your CDs to uncompressed audio files and be done with the problem once and for all.

Comercial CDs dont contain text info or at least most don't. The only reason you may have seen that on older units is because those units support the CDDB database that has a large catalog of CD titles to match with the CDs when loaded. But as one of you already stated: CDs are a dyeing breed and manufactures aren't going to support older standards when most users are moving on to more modern forms of media. Do yourself a favor and get a USB device and rip your CDs to uncompressed audio files and be done with the problem once and for all.

Yea no shit who uses CDs anymore ?? CDs are dead, I can fit 10,000 songs with album artwork and info on a 16gb USB drive ... while you can fit 12 song with nothing on a CD. Seriously, get with the times.