AVIC411.com

Didn't Do Enough Research Prior to Buying - Questions..

I made a mistake & won an AppRadio off eBay for 165 bucks in like-new condition. Good price.. But after doing some research I think.. I realized that I'm unable to plug in my classic iPod and be able to see my music.. I've spoke with the seller & he's refusing to cancel the transaction.. Whatever. So here's a few questions I have for you guys..

1. Will my classic iPod work? Will it be able to display the music from it? If so.. would I be able to play video from it?

2. I have an iPhone 5.. I completely forgot about this when bidding I just assumed it'd work with all iPhones.. What are my options here?

3. I use iTunes Match primarily, if it does work with the iPhone 5 will it be able to display the music from iTunes Match?

1. I don't understand...it sounds like you already tried and want to know if there's a workaround?

2. Pioneer does not have an adapter for iPhone 5 since they changed the connector. I'm not sure you have options other than Bluetooth calls from it.

3. I'll let an avid Apple user answer this. I'm not sure.

I haven't received the appradio yet so I haven't tried anything yet. I was wondering if I hooked up my 30GB iPod classic will the appradio display the music under the iPod app?

I think Pioneer's website says 4th gen only for that. I would suggest getting a broken screen iPhone (an iPod Classic will play music I believe, but not sure about AdvancedApp Mode. Pioneer is not consistent on their website with what does and does not work) if you want a cheap solution for full control. Since you have an iPhone 5, you are not due up for a new phone any time I'd imagine, soon so that will be the cheapest solution. If you are made of money, though, I'd graduate to a big boy (ha, couldn't resist!) phone and Android. With the advent of ARLiberator for Android, you have unlimited control of the phone.

I think Pioneer's website says 4th gen only for that. I would suggest getting a broken screen iPhone (an iPod Classic will play music I believe, but not sure about AdvancedApp Mode. Pioneer is not consistent on their website with what does and does not work) if you want a cheap solution for full control. Since you have an iPhone 5, you are not due up for a new phone any time I'd imagine, soon so that will be the cheapest solution. If you are made of money, though, I'd graduate to a big boy (ha, couldn't resist!) phone and Android. With the advent of ARLiberator for Android, you have unlimited control of the phone.

I was considering after looking around.. A 32gb iPod touch would be pretty inexpensive and it's compatible with the unit's iPod app. Only thing is since I wouldn't have data on there I wouldn't be able to do anything else with it until the iPhone 5 jailbreak comes out & I can setup my iPhone as a mobile hotspot for the touch.

• 4 weeks later...