AVIC411.com

X930BT and iPhone 4S problems

I have an X930BT in my car and everything has worked perfect on the unit until recently.

My gf tried to plug her regular iPhone 4 in using the supplied cable and we were not able to get sound out of the speakers in the vehicle with her iPhone hooked up. The unit read her phone like an ipod like it normally always had and you can actually see the song and the seconds ticking away on the screen, but no sound plays through the speakers.

I then tried to plug my phone back in using the cable and same problem now with my phone. No sound coming through speakers even though song shows up on screen with CD art and time of song counts down. I tried blue tooth as well and it won't work either. It plays for about a half second then pauses itself. Pandora won't work at all either.

Everything else works. Radio works and sounds find when listening to FM and AM, CD's and DVD's work fine with sound and GPS works fine with sound.

I called Pioneer tech support and they had me go in and check that AV1 had iPod listed and it does. They couldn't help me out past that.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi jfisher99,

A have the same problem. While perusing for other, similar problems on this forum, I found a thread that suggested the problem occurs if you enable the iCloud music sharing ability on your iPhone. I recently enabled this and started having problems with no sound when music is playing. It seems that the NAVI firmware can't deal with iCloud somehow. I haven't had a chance to disable iCloud and test it out. Will post when I do.

R