AVIC411.com

New Z140 Install - Questions

Hey all,

Great forum here, haven't been on in sometime. I finally upgraded from my original Avic N1 (8 years old!) to the Z140, what a nice piece of hardware this seems to be. I did have a few questions as this is a fairly complex unit.

• I have rear headrest monitors and judging by the install book it looks like I should use the VOUT jack next to the Subwoofer jacks. I did this and I get no video to the rear displays, is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?
  • Is there a way to do a master reset on this thing? I have bungled it up so much trying to set everything, now that I have a better understanding of it, I'd like to reset it all and start over?
  • Is there a way to determine if I have the most current firmware/software? I thought I read in another thread that there was an update that needed to be applied but I could have misread.
  • Lastly, I noticed on the navigation, it has a hard time positioning the vehicle and gets confused quite a bit. My N1 I had the antenna mounted on the roof, but this unit came with an antenna with a much shorter lead and it doesn't even come close to making it so I can stick it on the roof. I have it on the front dash, but it mentions some metal plate to secure it to, I must have trashed it by accident so just have some double sided tape holding it to the dash, should I get/need that plate to increase the accuracy. I also have to check my VSS wire to make sure I tapped the right one.

Thanks all!