AVIC411.com

I bricked my x940!!! Solved!!!!!

FIXED!!!!!!!

I bricked my x940bt this morning when I was messing around with the files. I deleted the PRG0 AND I believed also PROG1on the unit using super testmode(file mantenance). I tried everything to get it back up. I have music but "No application program" error comes up. I tried installing FW4.01 and it did install but there are files missing in PRG0. I do have backup (NADA) but not sure how to copy it to the HU. I went under file maintenance test mode but could not get to my SD card to copy the files over.

I tried copying the Condi hack to get to file explorer but no luck. If I have directions to copy my backup I believe I can get it going again.

Any ideas to get it going?

Thanks

Jimbo

Update:

I was able to install fw 4.01. It has prg1 on the HU but not Prg0. It will boot for a short time and I get to the map and then is reboots again.

EDIT:

I tried everything, If I can get PRG0 on the HU, I believe I can get it going. I even tried to update using Z140 update from 930 to 940 and no luck. It did not even started to copy files.

Any other ideas?

Can anyone make a scriptexec file to enable me to copy PRG0 and PRG1 to my HU for my 940?

That would an option!

Edited by Jfinley0

I can't bc I don't have the ability to copy to the HU (x940bt). I have no access to CondiHack 2.2. I can get into the super Testmode but have not firgured out how to copy from SD to HU.

CondiHack or Pionara What so you think?

If I can get a scriptexec to copy my backup Nand from Sd to HU, i think it will work.

Jimbo

Why can't you copy from your sd card to the hard drive? Make sure you are navigating the file system using the navigation menu after you copy the file. If you are using the home button to get back to the root after copying the file, that copy is lost.

For example: navigate to the sd card, copy the file, scroll up to the "..." item, change the file options from copy to select and select the "...". This will take you up a level on the file system. Now navigate to USER\PRG.FLG on your internal drive, change the file options to paste and you're good. This works fine in super test mode.

I understand now. I was able to copy the files over. I will check to make sure all the files are in PRGO and PRG1. Right now it is looping to rebooting after a few seconds. I will report next what happens after I know all the files were copied over.

Thanks

Jimbo

It is all fixed. I copied my original backup PRG0 and PRG1 to the HU using the Super testmode. After I was done copying over, it was still looping (starting up and rebooting). So I pulled the fuse for the radio and then put back in and viola the HU is back working fine. I put Condi Hack 2.2 back on and that worked fine also.

Thanks to Teddmod for having me look further on how to use the super "Testmode". Boy I just love screwing things up and then trying to figure it out again how to get the unit working!!!!!