AVIC411.com

No video out to rear screens f940bt

Hi. Hd my f940bt installed for some time now and all fine.

Added a rear monitor (6.2" veba) for my son in the back to watch movies off SD

No video out to the rear screen, but playing perfectly on the HU itself.

Have tried with multiple cables and monitors of different makes.

Do I need to 'turn on' the video output somewhere?

Much appreciated

H

• 2 months later...

Hi. Hd my f940bt installed for some time now and all fine.

Added a rear monitor (6.2" veba) for my son in the back to watch movies off SD

No video out to the rear screen, but playing perfectly on the HU itself.

Have tried with multiple cables and monitors of different makes.

Do I need to 'turn on' the video output somewhere?

Much appreciated

H

I have the same thing going on. The DVD and ipod video will display on the rear monitors but no SD card movies or GPS will not display to rear monitors.

Thinking about opening up headunit and tap into the video feed to the headunit screen so everything that displays on headunit will display on rear monitors.

Has anyone been able to display the headunit screen on rear monitors without modifying the unit? Or has anyone done a modification like this?

I think it would look quite cool to have the GPS display for the rear passengers.

Thanks,

Jeff

no problem, its kinda silly that pioneer did this, as SD cards are cheap ways to store a lot of media.

a very good alternative would be to just get an ipod to store videos on, that you could access from the touch screen but watch on the rear monitor.

dont even have to be a lot of money, you could always buy an older used ipod for cheap, then just leave it in the glove box connected.

also jeff, i have not seen any one yet modify their system for this functionality, my bet would be that it is a hardware issue and not software, so it probably cant be done by just adjusting the software...

i believe that you would have to modify the hardware to get this to work and at that point, it would just be easier to buy an ipod for it

DISCLAIMER:

i am not an Apple fanboy, i really do hate a lot of things they do. so every time i do recommend buying an ipod, a little part of me dies inside. but at the end of the day, the level of integration they have with everything else ever build just makes using them too easy to keep hating.