AVIC411.com

Condi's Hackmode issue

Hi guys, I have a Z110bt that had been upgraded to the 120 model. I decided today to try the Condi hackmode to try to eliminate the nag screen. I think I may have really messed up the unit :(. OK, first off I did some research before hand and I expected to back everything up with the service mode(saw it on youtube). I was unable to locate the download for the service mode so i chose to use the Condi one instead as it looked like it work well too.

So, I downloaded the tool and installed it no problem. But it was the autoinstall, so I never got a chance to backup beforehand!! So, I am able to get into the "hackmode" without any problems, but my origional mode is not working at all, it just hangs on the background screen. I went ahead and at least backed up my PRG0 and PRG1 folders. I then followed the directions for upgraded units (copying PRG0 and renaming it to PRG1...ect). Still no go, so I then tried to re-install the hackmod again from scratch. It installed OK, but gave me the error "error - AV.exe" "there is a problemwith your AV.exe in PRG0. After install replace it maually". So I tried that...still no go :(.

I am really hoping I didnt ruin my unit...my only goal was to remove the stupid nag screen. If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know..also, should I backup more than just the PRG folders? Thanks!

**edit** Ok, I think I got it working again. Had to change AV1.exe to AV.exe and replace in PRG0. Now I got my stereo back! Now I just need to figure out the NAG fix. I noticed the only "versions" listed in the instructions are 3.001 and 4.010. Mine is 1.040! So I am thinking I need to update this thing to the 2012 map before I can fix the NAG screen, correct? If so, I am having some trouble with that because the torrent seems to be dead. Any suggestions?

**edit 2** the torrent finally went and installed perfectly...sorry for the useless post ;)