AVIC411.com

So Best Buy had the iPhone 5 on sale price matching with frys for $126.99. I could not help it and picked up the iPhone 5 and kept my iPhone 4. I have been using my iPhone 4 as an iPod touch and using it to control my app radio 2. Disconnect the bluetooth and reconnect with the iPhone 5 and everything was working except the advanced app mode. I really only use it for my gps so since the phone had no service I was out of luck and super bummed. I than downloaded the new google maps and that is when I had my pleasant surprise. Google maps will send turn by turn directions through the bluetooth and announce it over the app radio. In fact while operating the app radio it will pop up like a phone call but you don't accept or deny, and google maps will announce the directions. If I plug in the iPhone 5 I can use my music but not the advanced app mode. So overall I think the app radio 2 at least works well enough with the iPhone 5 if you can keep your old iPhone as a iPod touch.