AVIC411.com

x940bt testmod benefits?

Hi guys,

i wanted to know if there is somewhere a list of possible modification by "hacking" our x940bt?

other then removing the caution screen when turning on the unit, is there anything else we can do to the HU?

can someone please direct me to the list of benefits of messing with testmode? thank you.

From what I've found while poking around in different threads:

- removing the nag screen (as pointed out by you)

- updating older versions 920/930 to 940 software interface and maps (may not be of interest for you but great for those with older head units)

- adding a safe-mode setting that allows for selective (software) bypass that can be turned on and off

- modifications for other continents (US->EU, etc.)

The only thing I miss for this unit and software is album arts for mp3s if you don't have an ipod. Most other units (not from pioneer though) have this feature for USB devices or SD cards ... too bad, for an otherwise nice interface ...

From what I've found while poking around in different threads:

- removing the nag screen (as pointed out by you)

- updating older versions 920/930 to 940 software interface and maps (may not be of interest for you but great for those with older head units)

- adding a safe-mode setting that allows for selective (software) bypass that can be turned on and off

- modifications for other continents (US->EU, etc.)

The only thing I miss for this unit and software is album arts for mp3s if you don't have an ipod. Most other units (not from pioneer though) have this feature for USB devices or SD cards ... too bad, for an otherwise nice interface ...

yeah, album art would be awesome !

wish that list was bigger :)

would be cool to do more with our HU's...

i also wish there was a way to add an android device in advance app mode or project the video into the HU

the only way i found out is by using the old galaxy s with RCA to PL video cable via the HU back AV input.

but thats kinda wonky, as u need to get a galaxy then power it up etc. too much hassle to make it work....

goooo hokies!

yeah, album art would be awesome !

wish that list was bigger :)

would be cool to do more with our HU's...

i also wish there was a way to add an android device in advance app mode or project the video into the HU

the only way i found out is by using the old galaxy s with RCA to PL video cable via the HU back AV input.

but thats kinda wonky, as u need to get a galaxy then power it up etc. too much hassle to make it work....

Yes, I forgot about the one with an android device hooked up through the RCA - but this is configuration more for show-off than interaction - unless you mount the device so that you have access to the display of the unit (not like the guy who had it in his glove box showing live engine data through it) - but then why have a nice display on your head unit in the first place?

I agree, an advanced app mode for a more universal interaction with android devices would be cool - It's too bad that only the appradio 2 works with android in appradio mode.

• 1 month later...