AVIC411.com

X930BT + IUV51 iPod Interface Cable = random disconnects

I've been trying to find a solution to my issue for quite awhile now, but my search has been fruitless to this point. I've had my X930BT setup since last year and everything has been great except for the fact the iPod randomly disconnects. Sometimes it happens shortly after starting the car, other times it will be solid for days and then just drop out. The IUV51 iPod interface cable I have is a genuine Pioneer cable and is not a crap eBay cable. The iPod is in my center console with a bit of padding underneath it so it's not moving a lot when I'm driving. All in all the cable has worked fine, but the disconnects can be maddening particularly because I can't figure out why they're happening. Any troubleshooting/fix suggestions would be appreciated!

I've been trying to find a solution to my issue for quite awhile now, but my search has been fruitless to this point. I've had my X930BT setup since last year and everything has been great except for the fact the iPod randomly disconnects. Sometimes it happens shortly after starting the car, other times it will be solid for days and then just drop out. The IUV51 iPod interface cable I have is a genuine Pioneer cable and is not a crap eBay cable. The iPod is in my center console with a bit of padding underneath it so it's not moving a lot when I'm driving. All in all the cable has worked fine, but the disconnects can be maddening particularly because I can't figure out why they're happening. Any troubleshooting/fix suggestions would be appreciated!

Check the connection at the back of the stereo to make sure it's in nice and tight. Next step is to make sure your Ipod is up to date as well. Other than that, just make sure the cable is firmly inserted into the Ipod as well. I keep mine in the glove box and occasionally it would get snagged and come loose just enough to shut it off.