AVIC411.com

Considering getting Appradio 1 (SPH-DA02)

I've found these units pretty cheap and am considering adding this to my company vehicle. But I have some concerns:

- My personal phone is an iPhone 5. Is it realistic to expect to have a fix some time in the future for this to fully work with the Appradio 1, or only the 2?

- What features currently work with the iPhone 5 and the Apple 30-8 pin adapter?

- My current work phone is a Galaxy S2, but we are switching to iPhone 4S phones in 2 weeks. What issues are still present with IOS 6?

- Do the iOS 6 maps work with the Appradio?

I doubt pioneer will produce any fix for AR1 iphone5 compatibility. They've made it pretty clear to the community they've all but dropped support for AR1 and are focusing on AR2.

I would recommend going with an AR2, or figuring out some way to mount a touchscreen in your car to interface with some airplay device (kivic-one if it ever actually gets produced, check out kivic-one.com, or you could put an appleTV in your car and put a portable router in there. People have claimed they can still get internet even if they're connected to a dumb-router... or you can get the ATV to tether to your iphone's internet connection).

Those are all just thoughts... appradio is a well meaning product, but it just feels very half-baked in many ways.

I have downgraded my head unit in favor a a simple mechless that I've installed in my glovebox, and I made a cradle for an iPad mini to install in the dash.