AVIC411.com

Help Req. w/ AppRadio

Hey guys,

Well it's definitely been a long time since I've been on here, but now is the time that I myself may be upgrading, but this question more or less is for my girlfriends sake, as she is planning to (about time) join this community.

She is in love with the AppRadio 2 functionality of the Pioneer SPH series, and when I was doing some looking into the Avic Z140BH, I saw that it also has AppRadio - But not AppRadio 2. So here are some quick questions, hopefully you guys can help out:

1. What is the difference between AppRadio and AppRadio 2? 

2. Which models of the Z series can support the AppRadio functionality? Which support AppRadio 2? 

3. What are the primary differences to be noted between the Z series (ones that support AppRadio), and the SPH series? (Besides GPS, DVD/CD functionality)

4. What is the difference between the AppRadio and Advanced App Mode? (Does the Z series support android?)

Essentially, here is what she fell in love with (While browsing YouTube and such):

- Ability to change background images (with jalibreak/full control)

- The 'cool' looking interface - She liked the overall look of the SPH ones greatly, but she would be in App mode for the most part anyways

- Ability to change colors and interface settings

Hopefully you guys kind of get what I am asking here. She said she would be fine with an SPH series, but I figure, if a Z series like mine (but newer) can do all that the SPH series can, plus the CD/DVD and built-in GPS capability, then why not? If you guys have any advice, suggestions, or just general input of your own personal preferences, all is greatly appreciated. I too am hoping to upgrade to a newer series from the Z110BT shortly, if I don't just do a software upgrade ;)

Greatly appreciated to anyone who helps out here! :)