AVIC411.com

avic z140bh back up camera help!

hi im new to this forum, its my first post. i  had the 140bh installed in january and i asked the installer to run video cable for back up camera to passenger side kick panel in my 03 toyota 4runner so i could add camera later and i wouldnt have to yank radio when i did it. today i hooked up power and ground for camera up and plugged in the video cable and i got nothing when i put it in reverse. when i change view mode to rear view mode i get the camera. when the polarity is changed to ground and i boot the radio i get the rearview full screen at start up without moving shifter. then i have to hit the buttons on the radio to get rid of it. then if i shift into reverse i dont get anything only happens at bootup. now if i hook power of camera to reverse lights i get nothing unless i put it in rearview mode with the split screen the camera turns on when i shift to R and any other gear the screen is blank. someone please help..did they install the purple white wire wrong?

Sounds like it was installed wrong. Since you already paid for the service I would go back and make them fix it. Just make sure your camera is installed properly so they can't try to blame anything on you.

Camera:

Reverse light positive - Positive wire from camera

Ground (any solid metal part on car) - Negative wire from camera

Then just plug in the video rca cable and go back to complain.