AVIC411.com

Hello everyone, wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for fixing my F90.  Few weeks ago it started doing the random reboot about every 2 minutes, but music still played (iPod) , GPS and maps wouldn't work (time wouldn't update).  This started happening after I was attempting to eject a disk in a rush as it was starting up.  Next time I booted the problems began.  Ordered the free SD card from Pioneer with the latest free firmware update on it (2.08 i believe).  Ran the update, and update froze and went to red screen at same progress point each time.  I read somewhere I needed to update my WINCE files, which I did.  Tried firmware update again and it was successful (reached 100%), after restart stayed on boot screen.  I reset it according to Pioneer's instructions.  Same thing, still just a boot screen.  I noticed if I hit menu it brings me to the menu screen.  Here PHONE, GPS, and MUSIC don't load the next page.  They acknowledge being touched but don't take me anywhere.  The settings menu does load when touched.  I'm just not sure what my next step is in getting this fixed again.

Current Situation Summarized :

1. Boots and shows boot screen

2. Takes me to splash screen if i press menu

3. Menu icons dead links, except for settings which I can go into but not that functional (ex. will go into illumination color adjustment but won't change the actual button colors)

4. Restarts every 2-3 minutes

5. Checked if RV camera was on and it is set to off (did have that problem at one point)

Setup

5 year old F90BT.  Hardwire bypassed, vehicle speed pulse was never connected, iPod connected through cable.  Using front preouts to a MS-8 signal processor, splitting the signal to 3 amps.

WinCE files and SD card stuff done on a Mac (read someone recommend against this somewhere, open to input).

Open to all suggestions and not afraid to try something difficult.  I'm an EE student so I have some programming and electronics experience (AKA I really can't afford another radio right now and appreciate the help).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...