AVIC411.com

940BT bypass problem FIXED.

Ok long story short here. I installed the 940bt in my 11' silverado and did the bypass, well I thought I did. I watched all the YouTube videos on the bypass and did exactly what they said to do. Put it all back together and drove down the road. once I hit 15mph the video went out on my DVD but the sound was still there. This meant something was wrong with the mute wire ( the yellow wire in the radios harness). I took it all out and nothing was wrong. Everything was grounded and all wires were connected. I was stumped but then I ran across a thread that said the connector on the mute wired was slightly to big and need to be crimped a little bit. So I took the wire back out of the harness and pinched it with some pliars and slide it back in. Put it all back together and BAM! Watching DVDs at 50mph. ;)

Ok long story short here. I installed the 940bt in my 11' silverado and did the bypass, well I thought I did. I watched all the YouTube videos on the bypass and did exactly what they said to do. Put it all back together and drove down the road. once I hit 15mph the video went out on my DVD but the sound was still there. This meant something was wrong with the mute wire ( the yellow wire in the radios harness). I took it all out and nothing was wrong. Everything was grounded and all wires were connected. I was stumped but then I ran across a thread that said the connector on the mute wired was slightly to big and need to be crimped a little bit. So I took the wire back out of the harness and pinched it with some pliars and slide it back in. Put it all back together and BAM! Watching DVDs at 50mph. ;)

Nothing safer, right?