AVIC411.com

Cant get good sound...help

Ok...this is my setup....I have an 140bt, running pre-amp outputs to a 4 channel infinity kappa class d amp running polk mm series speakers.  Also a boston acoustics A/B amp running dual 10" jl audio subs in a Toyota solara convertible.  

I used to have a 910bt in the car with all the same equipment and it sounded amazing...i loved everything about it.  the 910 died and i tried a clarion but that sounded so bad i returned it and bought the 140bt which sounded much better than the clarion.  BUT is doesn't even come close to the 910 I had.  I understand the 140 and the clarion both have hotter preamp voltages.  I set the gains on the pre-amp using sine wave cds and and oscilloscope.  Using full range sine wave at near max volume i adjusted gains so the sine wave was clean on the osciliscope (clamped to speaker outs) and also using my ears.  

It sounds good but not great...a bit edgy and sharp but also, more annoying is that during complex music is just sounds very muddy and looses all clarity.  The only things I have changed in all this is the head unit and pre-amp gains on the infinity and Boston amps...everything else is the same the entire time.

Does anyone know if there is some difference in the audio sections of the 910 and 140 that would cause this.  I am so dissapointed....I have lived with the 110 for almost a year and still am not happy at all.  I am considering pulling it and tring something else....ug ...this is getting expensive.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks all.