AVIC411.com

I used to have a X940 in my F350 dually but sold it a month ago. I bought a Chevy HHR to use for errands and short trips. It came with the 6 disc changer (Panasonic) and I bought one of the new X950BT units to put in its place. I also bought one of the CRUX SOOGM-16B (as per stereo shop) so on-start and all steering wheel controls will work. I had to get one of the iPhone USB/aux jack connectors as they do not come with this model as I wanted to play videos from a USB thumb drive as I did on my truck. Everything is working, I.E. steering wheel controls, videos from thumb drive, blue tooth and iPhone wireless and wired connectivity BUT there is no sound?

The CRUX unit has two plugs that go into factory harness and three connectors that plug into it's little black box. I tried adjusting the audio control as per their instructions but I think the HHR might have what they call a "low system" and need a "speaker level converter"?

I hooked up the speaker wires as per colors/stripes, GPS works immediate, turn on/off fine but no sound at all in the stereo or the on-star button? I also do not get the little "bing" when changing things like I did with the 940. I did not use the connector that is called "the RCA connector" and it has a mute wire in it so that might be the issue? None of the other RCA plugs in that one are needed as I do not have an amp, etc. 

Has anyone seen this issue?

Talked to CRUX support and Carlos said the blue w/white stripe wire must be connected even though Pioneer's instructions say they are for an external amp. The adapter from CRUX acts like an external; amp he said and to get power it needs the blue /white stripe wires connected.

I connected them and the sounds are even better than my older X940BT unit I bought last summer.