AVIC411.com

Back-up Cam While in Drive

I finally got the D-2 installed in my 03 Yukon.. I couldn't wait on the D-3 which should be out next month.

Anyways, I can't seem to view my back-up camera while in drive but works perfectly while in reverse. I check out the manual and it states that the back-up camera should work while in drive to view whatever you're towing. Did I read something wrong in the manual? Should I be able to view the rear while in drive?

Thanks in advance!!

STO

It is just moving the power wire from camera (likely) connected to the brake light wire, which only receives power when you are in reverse, to another wire, which is always powered.

However, I have heard (and I don't know if it is accurate or not - I may have even read it in the Avic manual) that some cameras should not receive power all of the time as they could burn out, so you would only want power when in reverse.

I know it is a nice feature to be able to see what is behind you, but my advice is that unless you have a need to see what is behind you (trailer, etc) just leave it ... if it ain't broke ...