AVIC411.com

Does the old 30 pin devices work with the CD-IH202 and the 8.3 update?

Hello all, sorry for the noob question but ive been looking for this everywhere and cant seem to find a good answer. I have the Appradio 2 and the 8.30 update. I am using it primarily for my iphone 5 connected with the CD-IH202, hdmi, AV and lightning cables as instructed. My question is, can i still use my old 30 pin devices(iphone 4, ipod touch, etc) using only the 30 pin usb cable connected thru the CD-IH202? Or do I need to use the 30 pin AV that i have lying around and connect with hdmi? I want to use my 30 pin devices with the CD-IH202 already installed, or do i need to pull apart the radio and connect the original 30 pin cable that came with the appradio?

Similar topics:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36293-anyone-use-iphone5-and-ipod-at-the-same-time/

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36217-ar2-iphone5-in-ipod-mode/

The CD-IH202, as you might aware is only a USB & HDMI cable. in iPhone5 mode, Bluetooth for audio & control, HDMI for video and USB is merely for power.

If you would switch between iPhone5 and older 30-pin device, you should keep the stock 30-pin cable connected instead of the CD-1H202 female USB.

Similar topics:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36293-anyone-use-iphone5-and-ipod-at-the-same-time/

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36217-ar2-iphone5-in-ipod-mode/

The CD-IH202, as you might aware is only a USB & HDMI cable. in iPhone5 mode, Bluetooth for audio & control, HDMI for video and USB is merely for power.

If you would switch between iPhone5 and older 30-pin device, you should keep the stock 30-pin cable connected instead of the CD-1H202 female USB.

Yes i have gone over those threads but they are talking about connecting both at the same time. What i need to know is if i can have full connectivity with only the CD-1H202 and a 30 pin device? The reason i am asking this is because i was told i needed the CD-1H202 to work with an iphone 5, however i have noticed that i only need the hdmi and AV. I could have just stayed with the 30 pin that came with the unit and connected my lighting usb to that for charging and when i wanted to use my 30 devices i could have with no problems. Now im stuck with this CD-1H202 and i dont know if i can still use my old devices. Im trying to avoid tearing the car apart to reconnect the stock 30 pin usb thingy. To my knowledge the audio only travels thru HDMI on iphone 5, but for legacy devices it travels over usb or BT correct?

My bad on the HDMI part.

If you read one of the reply. You could get 30pin support back by switching the input/output option (with new 8.30fw). That is provided you still have the stock 30pin pioneer cable connected.

Here's how it goes:

iPhone 5 mode

Stock 30-pin Pioneer cable, USB provide power to Lighting USB (or you can leave this, using another USB charger to power the iphone5)

HDMI to Apple Lighting to Digital AV adapter.

This also mean you won't need the CD-IH202 USB part.

30pin mode

Stock 30pin Pioneer cable.

Not sure if you can leave a 30pin device connected (but not doing anything until you switch the input mode) to the stock 30pin pioneer cable while you are in iPhone5 mode. I just order my AR2, once arrive i'll test all these and give a report.

I just dont understand why i was told i needed the CD-IH202 for my iphone 5 if the HU comes with a usb/30 pin connector cable. Now i need to take my car apart and connect the stock 30 pin to get my old devices to work and im stuck with this 60 dollar crap.

I have Pionee AVH-8400 model with appradio. I have iphone 4s and the

cable needed to work my apparadio. All work perfect. But now i will

replace my iphone 4s with iphone 5, which dont use 30 pin conection, so i

need another kit of cables to work my appradio with iphone 5? you

think, that will work only with 30 pin adapter from apple? :?

From what i have read all you will need is the hdmi, the stock 30 pin cable you already have has a usb port to connect the iphone 5 lightning usb cable for power. That is unless pioneer is going to add more functionality to the CD-IH202 an the ihone 5. If not then the CD-IH202 its not needed. What strikes me as odd is that the both cables are the same then why is one needed and the other not needed?

@sylver, according to Pioneer: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151335115360919&set=a.243103820918.148254.222410265918&type=1&theater

The cable and adapter you'll need is different.

@dandiggz, even if Pioneer bring function to USB, we still get the USB from the stock 30-pin cable, where everyone using it to update firmware via USB drive. Unless Pioneer hide some chipset in their cable that allow the radio identify which cable was being use and they could selectively disable one or another. A lot of work for $60 cable isn't it?

@sylver, according to Pioneer: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151335115360919&set=a.243103820918.148254.222410265918&type=1&theater

The cable and adapter you'll need is different.

@dandiggz, even if Pioneer bring function to USB, we still get the USB from the stock 30-pin cable, where everyone using it to update firmware via USB drive. Unless Pioneer hide some chipset in their cable that allow the radio identify which cable was being use and they could selectively disable one or another. A lot of work for $60 cable isn't it?

i know its the same dam cable. I was suckered into purchasing this 60 dollar crap!! However if you read my thread about appradio firmware 9.0 i was told by a pioneer tech to keep the CD-1H202 installed because when the update comes out they will add some sort of function. I call bullshiiit on pioneer

The problem here is not firmware only. But Apple dropping 30-pin port all together and moved on to Lighting port. Which is an entirely different thing.

Keeping your old cable works fine for old devices that uses 30-pin but not the new devices with Lighting port.