AVIC411.com

New Battery, AVIC F700BT Not Shutting OFF

I have a 2002 Olds Bravada with AVIC F700BT and just put a new battery in my truck. And now my HU doesn't shut off when I open the Door. I called Best Buy who installed it and they said pull the main fuse(41) under left passenger side seat. All that does is cut power to it but when put back in powers up and stays on. Then they told me to disconnect my HU, and plug back in,  which I did...and Still doesn't work... PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a 2002 Olds Bravada with AVIC F700BT and just put a new battery in my truck. And now my HU doesn't shut off when I open the Door. I called Best Buy who installed it and they said pull the main fuse(41) under left passenger side seat. All that does is cut power to it but when put back in powers up and stays on. Then they told me to disconnect my HU, and plug back in,  which I did...and Still doesn't work... PLEASE HELP!!!

well since best buy installed it, they have a lifetime warranty. take it back to them and let them figure it out.

if you really want to figure it out on your own, take it apart and use a meter to see if the ACC wire is actually staying on (the car is telling the radio to stay on all the time) or if the ACC wire is shutting off and the avic is staying on all by itself (which i think is a hardware problem because i dont think this is anything the software has any control of). once you know whether the car or the radio is broken, you'll know what needs to be replaced.

also with GM cars around 2001-2004, they started needing harnesses with computer modules to read when to turn on and when to turn off from the cars CAN BUS. these modules are known for going bad a lot, and this behavior is one of the more common problems i have seen with them.