AVIC411.com

APPRADIO 2/ IPhone 5 not connecting

Hi I've been doing some reading however haven't seen hat anyone else has this issue. I have app radio 2 with the current firmware for iPhone 5 as well as the iPhone 5 adapter.

The radio has trouble seeing that the iPhone is connected. I can see that the cable is providing power however the radio doesn't see the iPhone connected. Occasionally it does and the advanced app mode works fine but then will intermittently disconnect and reconnect. Annoying.

Has anyone experienced this issue

Hi RCHarris,

Try the following and see if it helps.

1) delete the iPhone for the phone menu on the AppRadio and then re-pair the Bluetooth connection. It will take a couple minutes for the contact and phone book data to sync so give it a few to complete.

2) delete the AppRadio App on your iPhone and reinstall it. Make sure you launch it before connecting and select your country, select your wallpaper, setup social networking, etc... If you do #1, it's best to do this between the delete and re-pairing

3) be patient I between switching your apps and returning home to the AppRadio screen. The HDMI and Bluetooth method is a little sluggish compared to 30pin setup.

4) Note the apps that do this to you and check the Pioneer site for AppRadio 2 and verify the Apps are marketed as iPhone 5 ready/updated. Not all apps have been fully updated to handle iOS6.1.1 and iPhone 5. Apple has set a deadline for all new app versus that are submitted be iPhone 5 compatible by May 1. So hopefully this will prompt some attention on the part of the AppRadio compatible apps.

5) if all else fails, do a System Reset on your AppRadio I the settings menu. You will need to do step #1 but it may clear if there is a glitch in your setup, software wise.

6) try a hard reset of your iPhone. This is done by holding the power and home button of your iPhone until you see the black screen and white Apple Logo. This does not erase data, just resets the memory.

7) make sure you are periodically closing your apps on your iPhone to ensure efficient running of your iPhone. Thisnisndone by double clicking home on your iPhone 5. Then long press on an app you want to close and then press the little corner icon as the icon wiggles.

I hope these suggestions help.

I had this problem. Interestingly, the app on the phone screen 'greyed out' whereas its normally red when connected. Very frustrating.

Closed and restarted the app (proper close - double-clicked home button and held the icon to make it wiggle, then hit the cross) solved it there and then.

Sorry if that didn't help, thumbs up if it did!

• 1 month later...