AVIC411.com

Ok so I'm sure some of you have already seen my posts in other threads over trying to update my x930 from 3.0001.  I appreciate the advice of Pionara and RonS, as it has helped me in the past to at least recover the unit back to 3.001.  As of 2 months ago, I had tried everything, downloaded the files from 3 different sources, changed 4 different SD cards, 2 different computers, to no avail.  This thing will NOT update.  So, despite my reservations, I decided to try the ebay route since I know that even though you're paying for a free service, many had seen success since the files he was providing were legit and tested to be working.  So, I bought one of his updates for $25.  Same issue - gets all the way to 99%, and fails.  He even tried to work me through the usual steps of redownloading (thankfully he had a google drive link), switching cards, reformatting, etc.  NOTHING will work.  

Now, before everyone says "ok have you tried ______" or "search the forums", you will see from many other threads that I've done all that.  I think there is literally something wrong with my unit, something that is corrupt, that will not allow the update to finish writing files to the unit.  I mentioned in another post that I've been unable to successfully apply my own splash images (again, another example of not being able to write files to the unit).

Since trying to install the purchased update, I was stuck in upgrade mode ("Please insert an SD card....etc"), and tried the usual delete PRG.FLG.  After this, I got no applicable program.  I saw that PRG0 files had been erased, and copied over PRG1 using testmode.  Still no applicable program.  Then I went back to my 210 update backup, and copied over PRG1 to both, and I'm back to being stuck in upgrade mode.  I renamed PRGx.FLG from my original 210 upgrade and copied it over, and I'm still stuck in upgrade mode.  Before I was able to get out of it using these steps, but no longer.

So I pose a few questions to the experts:

1.  Any thoughts on how to at least recover the unit to functioning condition until I can investigate further into updating?  I am able to get into test mode just fine, and have backups of my USER folder on my computer.  Just nothing is working at this point.

2.  Is there some sort of logging process that is performed by the update program to let us see what specific file writing failed during the update?  This might help me track down what it is I need to focus on.

3.  Is there a way to manually perform the functions of the update through test mode?  If the automated update process is failing, maybe I can somehow copy the files over myself, trace down what files are failing to be copied (for instance, what task is being performed at 99% progress during the update), and perform that task myself.

I seem to be the only one having these *specific* issues, which is why I formed another thread.  Nothing thus far as worked.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!

• 1 month later...

I have a X930BT and was also at version 3.001.  I downloaded the upgrade (to 4.010) and installed it without any issue following the instructions.  Where I encountered problems is when I installed HackMode v2.21 (wanted to remove "OK" GPS nag screen and 'copy/'paste' were no longer available until I found it was just a .key update) and got the "No available program" thing.  All I did was to create a PRG.FLG in the USER folder and the problem was solved.

Some people solved their issue by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes which, I assume, completely resets the unit.