AVIC411.com

When I remote start my car (mustang 2007), the avic 130 start playing, if I turn off the car using the remote start the car still playing the music, I ve to open and close the door to turn off the stereo.

The red wire in the avic is the one who give the power, It is the way I can make the stereo turn on only when the key is in ignition and turn off when the key is not in the ignition?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking it depends on the brand of remote start you have, I just tested mine after seeing your thread and my Pioneer unit stays off until I put the keys in and turn them at least one click. (Chevy with Audiovox remote start.)

Then again, it might have to do with how the ignition on your car is designed...does everything else turn on such as the a/c fan and interior lights when remote starting the engine?

Your issue is the installer was supposed to pulse the drivers door pin on remote start shutdown to turn off the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) circuit.

The same will happen if you sit in car with radio playing engine running, then just turn off key and not open the door..