AVIC411.com

x8500bhs using an ipod in usb2 with ipod digital AV - says incompatible

so after a bit of trouble with my jailbreak i am now able to use appradio with my iphone 5 which is all well and good, but i also have an ipod classic and i would like to be able to use it via usb2 but when i plug it in while set to iphone (digital AV) i get an incompatible message and nothing happens.

it seems really annoying and poorly designed that i would have to disconnect all cables, turn off blue tooth, and switch back to "others" to be able to play via standard ipod

I can't even get it to give me the option to go to "iphone (digital AV)" yet... still says "others" for me so all it does now is mirror my iPhone 5.  When you say disconnect all cables, do you mean physically disconnect USB and HDMI from the back of the HU as well (as opposed to just from the devices at the end)?  Also when you say turn off bluetooth, that's just on the device(s) themselves, right?  Sorry seems like obvious answers to my questions but I can't for the life of me give it any combo that would allow me to change things to "iphone (digitial AV)".

I did all that, plus took the SD card out, took out the DVD, removed the thumb drive on USB2, turned off BT on my iPhone 5, turned off BT Audio on the X8500BHS, disconnected everything, turned off all sources... it still won't let me make the change.  My iPhone 5 isn't even jail-broken.  I'll try to go in and disconnect the battery when I get home to reset the X8500BHS to see if that changes anything.  I'm trying to avoid messing around with the microbypass if at all possible.  

By the way @mattesonb, now that you have AppRadio working how is it?  Is it pretty cool?  I'm thinking I like the X8500BHS so much, I can live with the simple Mirror-mode with my iPhone 5 for navigation on the few occasions that I need it.  I had set my expectations very very low with respect to AppRadio after the reading various reviews online and with respect to the AppRadio apps in the Apple store.  

I'm just glad I didn't spend the $50-60 on the "necessary" Pioneer CD-IH202 cables.