AVIC411.com

I tried to do the password hack on unit and failed miserably. I should have read all of the other posts before trying to do it. So to start off I grabbed the latest version(v2.21) and installed that on the head unit. I tried to get the password from that and was unable to. So i came back on the forum and rear the post all the way thru and found out that I should have used v1.4 base. So I copied those files and tried that. I was able to recover the password. So I restarted the unit and wanted to put the password in and the unit does not move past the Pioneer start screen. So I put the sd card in that had the v2.21 loaded on it and as it was doing the auto install it gives me an error message saying that there is a problem with Av.exe in PRG0. Does anyone have any ideas of what I might have screwed up by installing v2.21 first? Or how I can get the stock firmware back on the system and enter my password? 

• 4 months later...

We have told people many times to stay away from v2.21 and asked often the administrators to take that crap off because it screws up units Welcome to the club.

Using v1.4, try to remove the PRG.FLG file.  Restart your unit.

despite youre help the avic still dont want to start...I only see the start screen.. with Navgate on it and it keeps hanging..

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

I purchased a used vehicle with AVIC x930BT and it was locked down with a password.  I successfully installed Condi-Hackmode 2.21, retrieved the password, unlocked the system.

However I had copied/pasted the password.dat file onto usb stick and opened it on my laptop rather than screendumping from the unit.  In doing the copy/paste I accidentally cut some of the other files on the usb stick (related to condi-hack) trying to navigate with my fingers.  Since I didn't need it after I got the password I wasn't concerned at first.

Stereo worked perfectly, could access Sirus, AM, FM, USB, SD, etc and was really enjoying the unit.

Everything went so successfully I decided to reload the default Condi-hack files (2.21) on the usb drive and re-install to the unit so that I would have it on-hand and ready (without missing files that I had deleted accidentally) should I need to access the system again.  Then all goes bad...When I reinstalled 2.21 the second time, the unit would boot into hackmode but would hang on the splash screen if I selected "No" when prompted on bootup or if I removed the usb drive and tried to boot from system normally.

I then panicked and tried to restore the contents of the NAND folder from the 3.0.1.0 firmware update (AVICZ110) and was able to get the system to boot up to default pioneer screen but none of the radio, usb, nav, etc icons do anything.  I can still boot in through Condi-2.21 to access the system but of course I didn't backup my original working files first.  I overwrote all files from AVICZ110 to my NAND folder including Boot, Platform, APL, etc. and overwrote the contents of both PRG0 and PRG1 folders. (i'm still not sure why, like I said, I panicked :shock: )

Can anyone offer assistance with restoring to defaults or provide a copy of default NAND folder so I can restore it?  I'm so deep in now I'm not sure what the original directory structure was within the NAND folder.

In my NAND folder I have, PRG0, PRG1, RW, SETUP, SYSTEM, Volume.dat, and PRG.DAT

I have read through most of the forums and also got a copy of the cracked 2013 update hoping it would restore original files but it needs the default unmodified files to install.  I'm stuck and could use some assistance!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Got it - WOOT!! - Was able to restore the APL folder from AVICZ110 again and it worked this time.  Not sure why but I'll take it! - All back to full function again. - Thx all for threads and especially Condi for awesome hackmode!

Edited by TDoc_025