AVIC411.com

Does the cable provided with f700 work for itouch and iphone?

I did some searching and didn't come up with an answer. Do I just need a firmware update? My f700 has been playing my ipod classic with no problems. When I tried my wifes itouch a year or 2 ago it didnt work and I didnt care. Now that we both have iphones it is deffinitely time to fix the issue. The f700 doesnt recognize the iphone at all. It's as if it isn't even plugged in. It will charge while plugged in, but that's it.

Thanks for any input.

Edit: it's an iphone 4s

Does no one viewing this thread have an iphone paired with a f700?

I did the fx3.1 update and have been using the cd-iu230v cable all along. What gives?

P.S. I can switch back and forth with my ipod classic and iphone and the classic works everythime.  All the iphone will do is charge.

i believe that the firmware on the iphone is too new for the F700, i have seen a lot where an ipod or iphone will work until after a certian update hits the device and then it will stop recognizing it (but it will recognize other older ipods)

since your classic works fine, its not a problem with the cable...

if you are running the newest firmware for the AVIC then I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done.

Wow, that was unexpected. I've had this unit for 4 years now so I guess I've gotten my use out of it.

If it's not too much trouble would you mind throwing a few models out at me that I can get used for cheapish to replace this?

I haven't priced a replacement so I hope that I can get something under $300. Less if possible. I know this unit wont fetch me more then $100 most likely.

Al I require is gps,DD and iphone compatibilty.  The more interface with the iphone the better.

I really appreciate it. Thanks

agreed, the app radio 2 is a pretty good value, the newer X series would also be a good replacement (the newer the better)

honestly, right now i want to replace my F900 so bad because i dont even listen to XM any more, its pretty much just pandora and not having AD2P for streaming is killing me. but I'm having a hard time dropping that kind of cash right now to replace a an expensive radio (far cooler hobbies taking up cash)

so im heavily leaning towards ditching the nav and getting a AVH X3500bhs, the interface is so clean and modern, it looks great, then i can have my pandora integration, plus my galaxy note2 has far superior nav than any of the AVICs do (at least in my opinion) and when i am navigating, i can bluetooth stream the nav and pandora through.

well the app radio is not really a stand alone unit, it doesnt have a CD/DVD drive and is basically a AM/FM radio with a large screen, it heavily relies on your Iphone's internal resources for most of its content and nav stuff

where as the 3500 doesnt need another device to be fully functional.

also from my experience, the AVH series is far less glitchy that the app radio series. not to say that the app radio is bad, because for its price, its a pretty good value, but it is not perfect and as long as your willing to deal with the little hiccups then it could be a great choice.

I have been considering an App Radio 2 for one of my cars, but as an android user, there is a lot of stuff i need to work out for it to work good for me (mostly looks like getting a $30 "jailbreak" app and getting the right MHL to HDMI adapter...) knowing ahead of time with what problem most of my customers have had, for the right price I could deal with the glitches (I mean, come on, I've dealt with the F900 for years now lol)

plus after playing with them a lot, I really love how the interface on the 3500 looks and feels.

listen up son, Ive got more phone than you can handle! :-P (literally)

even if i had an iPhone and an App Radio, i would still have to deal with....

...having an iPhone and an App Radio!

! :-P lshidmtamsfo :-P !

thanks, but i  think I'll stick with the next big thing! ;):P