AVIC411.com

2005 Explorer Sport Trac fitment

Will the AVIC-Z1 fit the 2005 Explorer Sport Trac  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will the AVIC-Z1 fit the 2005 Explorer Sport Trac

• Yes
    • NO
    • Undecided
    • Yes, but it will cause other problems.

OK, I'm pretty well set on the AVIC - Z1. However, every nav system I've looked at says it doesn't fit the 2005 Explorer Sport Trac. Upon investigation I found out that this is caused by the way the chassis is on the Sport Trac. Per my resources, "Yes it is a Double DIN size, but there's no stock way to mount the unit to the stock chassis without serious modification."

My thought is that all I need to do is make a few rudimentary brackets. Anyone else try this on the '05 generation Sport Tracs? Or am I going to be forced into the AVIC-N3?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would follow up to help other people in the future on this one. After a lot of trial and error, I found that the correct wiring harness for the '05 Sport Trac is the Metra 70-5520. I'm not sure this fits all Sport Tracs as I assume that the other stereos models available may use a different harness becuase they have an additional 6-channel amp, whereas my model only has an amp for the subwoofer.

The 70-5520 is listed as fitting '04 and up F-150s, Navigators and Expeditions. I've already sent email to Metra asking them to comment on this since they say this harness only works on the '07 Sport Trac.