AVIC411.com

F500BT screen won't calibrate

Anyone know why a screen won't calibrate? I've never had a problem with the screen before. I did the CNSD-150FM update from Pioneer, everything worked fine for a while, I even did the mod to change the speed so I could watch video, and access the navigation features. About a year after my screen was off and wouldn't calibrate. When I do the screen calibration it just keeps looping through and starting the calibration over, middle, upper left, lower left, lower right, upper right, then back to middle, over and over and over again... I even tried to enter testmode and do it from there with the same results. when I touch the middle of the screen it's right on, as I move to the edge it gets more and more off. When I get about 3/4" away from the edge it's thinking I'm touching the edge and doesn't register anything when I touch between 3/4" away from the edge and the edge. Is it a problem with Windows CE? Can I reinstall? I still have my SD cards from the CNSD-150FM update. I ordered the CNSD-250FM thinking maybe it would install an updated OS and fix my problem but it looks like since I already updated with the 150 it will only update the maps. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Anyone know why a screen won't calibrate? I've never had a problem with the screen before. I did the CNSD-150FM update from Pioneer, everything worked fine for a while, I even did the mod to change the speed so I could watch video, and access the navigation features. About a year after my screen was off and wouldn't calibrate. When I do the screen calibration it just keeps looping through and starting the calibration over, middle, upper left, lower left, lower right, upper right, then back to middle, over and over and over again... I even tried to enter testmode and do it from there with the same results. when I touch the middle of the screen it's right on, as I move to the edge it gets more and more off. When I get about 3/4" away from the edge it's thinking I'm touching the edge and doesn't register anything when I touch between 3/4" away from the edge and the edge. Is it a problem with Windows CE? Can I reinstall? I still have my SD cards from the CNSD-150FM update. I ordered the CNSD-250FM thinking maybe it would install an updated OS and fix my problem but it looks like since I already updated with the 150 it will only update the maps. Any ideas?

I'm having same issue as yours. I think it's hardware problem and not software.

I have 2 of these units and both are having touch screen issues after 3-4 years. One of them does exactly like yours. Other one only takes one touch at a time and then for 5 minutes won't notice touch, eventhough map and menu button always works.

I tried software reset, Win CE flash and reset. Screen calibration from gui as well as win ce. Also tried manually keying in F500BT registry values as 506,504 730,356 727,652 285,652 281,357

None of them helping. Only thing remaining to test is downgrade to firmware 2.0 and try.

• 6 months later...