Hi all, I hope you can help.  Here's my set up:

iPhone 4, jailbroken on 5.0.1

Cydia 1.1.8

Appradio extensions  v2

Mobile substrate 0.9.4001

Preferenceloader 2.2.1-1

Applist 1.5.4

Head unit, pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 

Advanced App Mode is actually working reasonably well but I'm trying to add the ability to run non-supported apps. I've gone into appradio extensions and selected angry birds and a few others but they're ot showing on the head unit.  I've even rebooted the phone and reset the head unit.  Am I missing something?  Is there a setting I've overlooked?  Or doesn't my head unit support this?

Any help much appreciated, thanx

Hi Vblue42

Thanks for your continued support with this.  I've tried what you suggested, even resetting the phone.  I've uninstalled AppRadio, and AppRadio extensions from Cydia, then rebooted and reset, then re-installed both, then reboot again.  I've also re-installed the likes of Angry Birds after all that to see if they work.  I have discovered that when linked to the head unit, I am getting sound from the apps (I tried Angry Birds and I get sound but just a blank screen, although the sound will even come over the top of any mp3s currently playing.)  I've even changed TV out in settings from PAL to NTSC to see if that helps but to no avail. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? In extensions I am allowing "unsupported apps" and going in and switching a few of them on.  I was starting to think it was my cable but the standard apps work ok from the phone to the head unit and so does mp3 playback.  So I guess, we've ruled out the cable. 

Two things I was considering:

Is it possible my head unit has a "newer" version of appradio software that's incompatible with the extensions?  I keep reading of "AppRadio 2" but I'm assuming they mean the app for the phone.

Could my jailbreak be at fault?  (Everything works though!?)

I just keep coming back to Extensions and that for some reason it's not working with my head unit.

Please please, any more help or suggestions is really appreciated.

Im out of ideas here. The only thing I can suggest is something that you cant fix......And that is the implementation of App Mode on the DVD units. There have been many issues reported while using AppMode for the DVD units including issues with supported apps. It appears Pioneer is using a different implementation of App Mode on these units then they are using for the App Radio 2. I can only assume the implementation of App mode in the DVD units may be causing the problem for you. Sorry but I have none of these issues with the App Radio 2 so I have to assume it is related to App Mode itself.

Hi thanks for getting back so quickly. I think I'm going to call Pioneer and actually ask them about their implementation of the software on the DVD unit.  If I'd known I was going to have this many problems I'd have just bought the AppRadio!  At the time I detested the thought of owning anything "apple" so didn't want to get an iPhone but after buying the headunit, my curiosity got the better of me!  Funny thing is, the chances are I may never use discs at all, but I guess it's nice to have the option.

My other question was relating to the phone.  When I go into AppRadio Extensions settings, you either switch things on or off etc but I'm used to having to "save" or "apply" settings when I'm done and I couldn't see a way of doing this so I'm assuming the settings take effect the minute you change them?

I think I'm going to call Pioneer and actually ask them about their implementation of the software on the DVD unit.

You're wasting your time there. Companies don't discuss things like that with end users. If they tell you anything it will be that the App Mode implementation is the same across all units.

I'm assuming the settings take effect the minute you change them?

That is correct.

Hi VBlue

Just thought I'd post to say I have now managed to get it working with AppRadio Extensions so if anyone else with this Head Unit needs to know if it works, it does!  I had to install the AppRadio version of 1.8.2 to make it work.  Just proves you should read the FAQs first, lesson learnt!