AVIC411.com

X850BT - unable to get movies to play from SD Micro

hey im new to this site and i just had a avic-x850bt in my scion fr-s

this is my first aftermarket unit with dvd/video playback options.

i went out to target and bought a SD Micro 32GB card and copied a bunch of mp3's i had and a few old video files of moviesl the simpsons movie, napolean dynamite and katt williams pimp chronicles... which play fine.

so i went online and read up on some dvd ripping software/freeware... downloaded dvd shrink and handbrake. the dvd shrink worked fine.. and i ripped a few of my movies from my dvd collection... then i converted them to mp4 format and copied them to the sd micro card... and went to the car and it states those new movie files or "tracks" cannot be played...

why is this?  did i do something wrong?

can someone help me as i am a noob at this ;/

-mike

disclaimer/ps - these are rips from my own personal dvd collection and for my own personal use. i do not condone copying other peoples dvd's or stealing. 

There is a post or sticky here somewhere that has a pair of screen shots that show the settings to use in Handbrake to set videos so they'll play. The settings for the various "X" models vary slightly but it will give you a good starting point. The biggest thing I found is the screen size which can vary from one model to another. For example my X940BT could play 640x480 but my X950BH wants 320x240? Why, who knows and when I called Pioneer they seemed to have no clue. To help confuse things, sometimes a video will play and other times it will not?

I would suggest opening a video in Handbrake that does play and record all the settings and then open one that does not play and find any differences and make the changes.

• 1 year later...