AVIC411.com

Z110 Bypassed Harness with Z140

Hello All,

After Long time active on avic411 as need help for following.

I installed Z110 (Upgraded over the years to z130 using this forum) in 2009 and recently stumbled upon really good deal for Z140bh which i could not pass (It was that Great). So I grabbed it even though Not needed.

Question is: Can i just use existing Z110 bypassed wire harness with Z140bh as I already have system setup with pac and everything.

I searched forum and show that Z130 harness is same as z140, so Is z130 wire harness same as z110.

Looked on ebay and one guy is selling harness which he says compatible with z110 and x940 but not specifically saying in description about z140, and based on my reading x940 and z140 are identical.

Correct me if my assumption is wrong.

To wrap this topic,

I took a plunge yesterday and changed both units in my car.

Power harness is same for both unit, Only rca harness is different.

I show that z140 unit came with bypassed harness and only thing I have to change is cut parking brake cable from old rca harness and replace it with z140 rca harness parking brake cable.

I tested bypass as well as HD radio and traffic confirmed working.

Initial impression handling both units, z140 looks like cheaply made unit then z110, button feels cheap as well as overall build quality of unit.