AVIC411.com

speed pulse, reverse, handbrake signals missing!!!!

Hi People,

Im a new member to this site and would like to start by saying this site is a valuable lifeline!!!

I bought a second hand F9210bt and installed in my VW using the supplied loom which includes a can-bus adapter/interface.

When purchasing the unit I asked the seller if the unit had video in motion, which it did. The firmware at the time was ver.2.

I have no idea whether the Video hack/mod was a hardware one or a software one. Either way the unit is not showing any speed pulse, reverse signal or handbrake signal.

I recently installed the ver. 4 firmware and maps, hoping that it would rectify the issue, unfortunatley it hasn't.

I cannot find any wiring schematics for the unit and therefore do not know if the wires from the canbus are  correct to the unit.

Question, if this was originally a software mod, should the update to version 4 have overwritten any soft mods, does the firmware update replace everything, i would assume it may not, as some of your settings preferences are still there.

I cannot let this beat me, I would rather have these signals back now, as I can use the safe mode button for video in motion, but at least my Nav would be more accurate and my reverse camera (that I have just spent hours if not days installing!) would work.

I would appreciate any help !!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem,

Ii own a 2005 VW Golf mk5 and the F930bt unit. I had no problem with the handbrake as i didn't install the wiring at all and it always appear to be ON so i can play video on the move. The problem is i get no speedpulse and no data from the vertical axle of the guroscope sensor. The only thing i know so far, looking at the wiring harness, is that the speed sensor cable (orange colour i think) coming out of the unit leads nowhere to the car. I haven't got the time so far to visit a pioneer dealer but after reading your post i assume that this is a common VW problem. What's interesting is that i owned another pioneer unit previeously which had the SLA feature, (Turning up/down the speaker volume according to speed increase/decrease) and it worked fine.

Afterall, i'm guessing that this is a harness incompatibility issue.... I'll post an update as soon as i find any solution...