AVIC411.com

No Audio CD information showing on X 950 BH

Are these discs you have burned with MP3 files or commercial ones? If they are MP3 discs then probably whoever originally did the rip of the song(s) did not grab all the necessary information? An additional item that can cause issues is the name of the song and sometimes the name is very long, 100 or more characters and that causes display problems? On mine, the song name always shows up but some times the artist name does not. If I include the album art sometimes it shows up and sometimes it does not so I quit worrying about it.

I did find that the small display at the bottom of the GPS screen can switch from location to song information and back by touching it. That is pretty handy.

These are commercial CD's, some a few years old, some older, some brand new releases.  I know the info is embedded, as I get it when I rip the disc to my hard drive.  On the nav deck, all I am getting is Artist: ------------. Song:----------, etc. The info also shows up on songs on my iPod playlist that came from ripped CD's.

I'll check the 'small display at the bottom of the GPS screen' and see what happens.

Commercial CDs dont have text or album info imbedded. What you see when you rip it on your computer is the info being pulled from the CDDB database over the internet. The only way a CD will have that info on the unit is with CDs you burn yourself with CD TEXT info added by you.