AVIC411.com

Can't Find Speed Sensor!!

Wowwwww, After i'm checking stuff out I goto the Vehicle Info page on the nav, My speed is being detected and its within 2mph accuracy. I have no idea how that happened! Anybody else's?

The gyro on you bav unit is calculating your speed based on your coordinates as you move. This is normal. You get a more accurate reading if your VSS wire is hooked up.

Here is the info I found on your VSS wire:

Pos 58 of 104 Pin Connection at the PCM by the firewall

VSS Wire Color: Gray/Black

Wowwwww, After i'm checking stuff out I goto the Vehicle Info page on the nav, My speed is being detected and its within 2mph accuracy. I have no idea how that happened! Anybody else's?

The gyro on you bav unit is calculating your speed based on your coordinates as you move. This is normal. You get a more accurate reading if your VSS wire is hooked up.

Here is the info I found on your VSS wire:

Pos 58 of 104 Pin Connection at the PCM by the firewall

VSS Wire Color: Gray/Black

Hmm, and I would have to remove the Dash or the Speedometer Gauges to get to this right?

omg, if its there for me that will be soooo easy to find, thanks so much buddy :D

Its actually a lil hard to get to. (Maybe for me since I have big hands lol) but you cant miss it. Its a cluster with a whole mess of wires coming out of it. I have a 97 Explorer myself.

omg, if its there for me that will be soooo easy to find, thanks so much buddy :D

Its actually a lil hard to get to. (Maybe for me since I have big hands lol) but you cant miss it. Its a cluster with a whole mess of wires coming out of it. I have a 97 Explorer myself.

I got to the wire just fine, however, I had a hard time figuring how I was going to run it through the firewall. Please lemme know what you did to get it into the car because I don't see any unused holes :(

Please lemme know what you did to get it into the car because I don't see any unused holes :(

LOL I haven't. I never worked with wires and electricity ever. I never soldered anything, and am trying to work my way up to it :)

If you figure it out would you take some cash to do mine also?

Going through the firewall in an exploder is really easy. If you look where the carpet ends by the firewall, you should see a black cable going through a rubber grommet to the left of the brake pedal. Grab a knife cut a small slit in the grommet and feed it through. You can actually fit 0 gauge wire through there with a little work. Trust me I've had to. :wink:

Going through the firewall in an exploder is really easy. If you look where the carpet ends by the firewall, you should see a black cable going through a rubber grommet to the left of the brake pedal. Grab a knife cut a small slit in the grommet and feed it through. You can actually fit 0 gauge wire through there with a little work. Trust me I've had to. :wink:

Wow thats wild because, thats exactly what the guy who put the amp wire did.... hehe Thanks for the help!