AVIC411.com

F700BT Trouble/Leave for trip in 3 days!!

Hey guys, New to the AVIC world but I have had my F7000BT for 2 1/2 years or so and just the other day it did not start up when I got in my truck, thought it was a glich no big deal.  Started to get ready for my trip yesterday and noticed the unit will flash the splash screen on but then shuts off imemediately.  I have no idea where to start.  I held in the reset button but all it does is the same thing, splash screen then off.  I spent 3 hours last night trying to read up on these things and while there is a bunch of info out there it is all foreign to a newbie like me.

I dont care about all the fancy navigation, dvd playablilty, etc... I just want to listen to the radio thru my IPhone.... thats it

Can anybody help me ASAP, I leave for a long trip and with no radio it will blow

thanks guys

I would start with a CE update and flash to a good working flash. Mine just freaked out and I used FX3.1. It is available via torrent, http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/5546342. Follow the following instructions:

Unrar file, put all files on an SD card with a min. 2gb size. (Root) You should end up with two folders, testmode and My Flash Disk, plus a few ce files.

Insert card into Avic. Turn on unit and immediately hold the menu, map, eject and reset buttons. When screen goes black or stays black, release reset button while still holding other three. This takes you to CE update. 

Using the single knob, up/down to select options, push to select item. 

Select wince upgrade

Select update SD (Format) Unit will read then write data. Wait until unit says "restart" lower center of screen.

Leaving the SD card in, reset unit using reset button.

Unit will boot into Windows CE. (On the screen) Press start - programs - explorer.

Navigate to "Storage card/My Flash Disk. Hit file - select all then file - copy.

Navigate back to root, then go to "Flash Disk"

select file - paste

select overwrite all.

It will show that it could take hours to copy but it does it in under 20 minutes.

Restart unit, select language then voice, unit will restart.

Enjoy! Not a ton of bells and whistles with this flash, but it is nice and fast and pretty darn stable. Plus it will get rid of your nags/ etc.

Good Luck.

• 10 months later...