AVIC411.com

Ok I have owned this Appradio DA02 for only about 6 months now. I thought this is a Pioneer, good name cant go too wrong, has lots of features for the price. First problem I had within a few days of install is the backup camera sticks on, since there is no power button, the only way is to turn the car off or hit the reset button with a small pin or pen while driving  (Which By the way erases all your audio settings etc.) So I lived with it. Then comes the iphone 5, not compatible all that well, ok oh well I will live with that too. Then after using it for a few months, I have more freeze-ups, glitches with Bluetooth, horrible FM radio reception. Then you cant imagine how stupid it is to get a warning every frigging time you turn the thing on that you have to press ok, before even hearing the radio, its like not being able to drive your car until you acknowledge that speeding is illegal. But ok I live with  that too, not happy but whatever, its too late now and I got it fairly cheap. The final straw is when I updated to IOS7 and this stupid thing gets a fatal error after a few minutes of hooking up to my phone, that locks up the unit until you shut the car off for a while, even freezes the clock!!!!!!!!!! So lets just say I now have only an AM/FM radio with horrible reception. Its not like this thing should be obsolete, its only 6 months old!!! Pioneer you better be fixing this, as I have never been so unhappy with a purchase! I will spend my free time posting horrible reviews everywhere until I see an attempt at a fix for this. DO NOT BUY A PIONEER APPRADIO!

Why would I post this here? Is this not the Appradio forum? The issues I am having are brought on my me?

Interesting perspective.... So I'm guessing in your world, I should have researched if the car stereo I purchased less than a year ago, that was made SPECIFICALLY for the iphone 4, was compatible with a software update before I updated it? LOL that sounds like Pioneer's statement. The moderators can try to sensor me if they want, but I now have a useless head unit, until that changes I will not stop what you call "VENTING". 

This forum is not here to bash the product.

But about your issues:

Is your camera icon on the screen always blue?

Does your car have an antenna amp?

And yes, you should have researched before updating your phone. Do you really expect Pioneer, or any other company for that matter, to design a product today, and be able to guarantee it work with another device released by another company that keeps every detail about the future device secret until its released, really? The compatibility issues with the 02 were brought on by Apple, not Pioneer. Anytime you update to a new software version on your phone you run the risk of breaking the compatibility that Pioneer tested and designed the unit for.

Isnt the DA02 a few years old anyways?

If you were looking for sustained compatibility why was the second version of the original appradio purchased rather than an appradio 2 (sph-da100) or rather wait for the Appradio 3 release (if it wasn't released before you purchased the DA02)

If you got the DA02 at a steep discount, then you should have expected the item to be obsolete before you bought it.

Hell, i knew when i bought the AR3 and it started becoming obsolete the minute it came out.

This forum is not here to bash the product.

But about your issues:

Is your camera icon on the screen always blue?

Does your car have an antenna amp?

And yes, you should have researched before updating your phone. Do you really expect Pioneer, or any other company for that matter, to design a product today, and be able to guarantee it work with another device released by another company that keeps every detail about the future device secret until its released, really? The compatibility issues with the 02 were brought on by Apple, not Pioneer. Anytime you update to a new software version on your phone you run the risk of breaking the compatibility that Pioneer tested and designed the unit for.

1) The camera Icon is not blue.

2) My vehicle does not have a factory antenna amp.

3) I see your point when it comes to compatibility issues on normal products, however with this particular unit it was designed specifically for the iphone 4, it has no USB input for Mp3, no CD drive, no navigation, it has nothing but a radio without an iphone. Apple has released IOS 7 beta for months now so developers had plenty of time to make this unit at least work. I'm not asking for updates to make it better or more compatible apps, just for the unit to function as it was originally designed. Now that is definitely not too much to ask.

Imagine if Windows released an update that made your PC not work anymore. Windows has no idea what compatibility issues it will have with various brands of PC's, but you would expect the manufacturer of your PC to come up with a driver or an update that would allow the PC to function. Should you really be expected to buy a new PC because windows did not think of HP or ASUS when they updated their platform, or should HP or ASUS find a solution? They would... there is no difference here.

It is not about the money, I can afford a new HU and will buy one. The fact of the matter is, this is an extreme fail from Pioneer, and all you need to do is a simple google search to find out hundreds of people that are not impressed, its not just me.

I agree with you that these can be considered a fail on pioneers part, but instead of pioneer making your unit forward compatible, they expect you to buy a new HU, sure that seems unethical, but at how fast technology moves, they cant guarantee anything, especially when they are two different companies building tech.

Sometimes tech passes the capability of hardware/firmware and makes it impossible for them to work together, even with firmware updates.

I think the iPhone cable is the same (4/4S) and the mic showed be the same, and from DA01/02 pics i have seen the harness looks the same.

I have the SPH-DA110 AR3 w/o the DVD drive, and now you can get the 210 for less than i bought my 110 for.

My common glitches is having to reboot the appradio app, and the media player app multiple times as well as having a few glitches with the bluetooth streaming syncing from time to time.

Considering a sony XAV-64BT or a Pioneer AVH-X2500BT for my truck, I installed a 64bt in my friends F250 and i like it, its way faster than my appradio is, but i havent directly connected my iPhone to it so i cant speak to that part of the radio.