AVIC411.com

Hello all and thank you in advance. This is my problem I have a 2007 Chrysler Aspen had factory Alpine / NAV and I installed the AppRadio 3 all went well accept I get a popping sound through the
speakers when I turn the car on (only). But if I turn the key to ACC and wait 2-3 seconds and then turn the car on, no popping sound every time. Crutchfield said they have heard of this on Fords but not Chrysler and told me to try a better ground. Any ideas?

I looked for parts for your aspen, and a few places listed and showed the 12v to 5v drop needed for an aftermarket radio. as well as a few didnt list it.

So its hard to say if it requires the drop or not, you cant be the first to install an aftermarket radio in an aspen.

Metra says you need one of these, do you have this or something similar installed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metra-CHTO-01-OEM-Amplifier-Interface-Wire-Harness-Chrysler-Aspen-2007-/140872554283?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item20cca8972b&vxp=mtr

I looked for parts for your aspen, and a few places listed and showed the 12v to 5v drop needed for an aftermarket radio. as well as a few didnt list it.

So its hard to say if it requires the drop or not, you cant be the first to install an aftermarket radio in an aspen.

Metra says you need one of these, do you have this or something similar installed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metra-CHTO-01-OEM-Amplifier-Interface-Wire-Harness-Chrysler-Aspen-2007-/140872554283?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item20cca8972b&vxp=mtrtHANKS

Thanks 05LSV8 I had done some research on that voltage drop you spoke off and mentioned it to Crutchfield. They said they never heard of that in the Chrysler but its common in the Fords. When I get some time I will just take it to a shop to see what's wrong. No I don't have that part, I purchased everything Crutchfield told me to. Thanks though I will keep looking for help until I take it to the shop. I have this part PAC RP4-CH11 Factory Integration Adapter

That looks to be the same thing as metra offers.

Did you solder all your connections? Please tell me you didnt scotch lock anything,

If you used electrical tape for your connections, it might be worth your time to pull the radio out and double check connections.