AVIC411.com

APPRADIO 3 DA210 cable settings and bluetooth after installation of cable in appradio mode

Just installed the DA-210 with iphone 4s. installed the cable for app radio. here is my concern.

the instructions say to enter in advanced app mode. in the ar3 settings there is an option for "iphone" or "other" i was able to get the ar3 and my iphone to communicate only under the "other" settings. this made the installer and myself confused. why would the deck only communicate with my iphone like this?

with the "iphone" setting chosen the iphone only was able to charge and could not communicate with the radio. however changing it to "other" allowed the appradio app and all the other options for apps to illuminate.

also, another setback is that in order for this to connect i have to turn off bluetooth on my iphone. after this how can i get bluetooth phone back through? what settings do i need to do? can i turn bluetooth back on my phone and then pair with the device?

any help would be appreciated in advance. I will try and tinker with that myself with the manual. hopefully i get it to work.