AVIC411.com

Appradio 2 and Iphone 5 ios7 grayed out buttons

I have updated the firmware to 8.3 and I have the apple HDMI adapter and a standard HDMI cable is connected to the appradio. For some reason my 5s will not 'fully' connect to the appradio 2. The bluetooth connects but only phone functions are available. The phone settings cog when you select the phone is grayed out. The app button, pandora and ipod buttons remain grayed out and are never accessible (i know ipod is disabled with iphone 5)

To be sure I switched back to the original setup with a 4s, connected my 4s to the 30 pin cable and selected the "others" setting for the phone. Everything in this mode appears to work properly.

I have tried to diligently search this forum for a solution, as it seems there are many here that are using this setup.

I also have updated the appradio app, deleted it and reinstalled it.

Am I missing something? Any help as to a possible solution is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. If I wasn't clear, when connecting the i5 I had it on the digital setting as in the instructions. The app and pandora icons stay grayed out, I have no access to them.

I was just saying that when I retested the 4s I switched it to the 'others' setting to see that it wasn't a park brake input or something else causing the i5s apps not to work. Withe the 4s everything works.

With the 5s (changing it back to digital) It seems like the bluetooth doesn't fully connect or connect correctly after restarting the radio, resetting the 5s... I can dial and receive calls and access contacts with the appradio.

I ordered the HDMI cable from amazon that VBLUE42 reported using with the appradio2/iphone5 setup but this does not work for me either. A very long call with tech support at Pioneer was not very helpful... They insist that if you are not using the Pioneer cable it will not work, that it is a different grade HDMI cable. I dont know how or if this is supposed to effect the bluetooth connection.

I am wondering now if this is a bluetooth issue or because it is a 5s with ios7?

Is there anyone with the appradio2 and 5s that has been able to get this setup to work?

Lets go down a check list to make sure you have everything you need for it to work right. 

1. You have your HDMI cable plugged into the appradio. 

2. Said cable is plugged into the Lightning to HDMI adaptor.

3. The Lightning to HDMI adaptor is powered by the USB to lightning cable. 

4. On the AppRadio your setting is set to "Digital AV"

5. When you plug the Lightning to HDMI adaptor into your iPhone, the status bar on the top turns blue for about 10 seconds before returning to the normal color of whatever app you're in. 

6. Your phone's bluetooth is paired to the AppRadio and on. When the AppRadio turns on it pairs with the Phone. 

7. You have AppRadio compatible apps in your phone. So Pandora, Waze, or whatever other apps you want to use are installed. 

All of these things need to be set up and in place for your unit to work. Some of these are no brainers, but often it is the no brainers that we miss. For example, maybe for whatever reason your HDMI cable is loose on either your AppRadio or your iPhone's cable. Nothing at all will work if that isn't connected correctly. 

Hopefully what I've written helps you. Good luck sir.