AVIC411.com

Appradio extentions on iphone 4 (best setup)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Smartphone-and-iPod-Cables/CD-IU201N

I was using the CD-IU201N connection cable with my phone for appradio extensions but it was way too laggy to use. I was wondering if i used an HDMI adapter for my phone if that would make more responsive.

(would this work better?)  http://www.amazon.com/1080P-Adapter-Cable-iPhone-Itouch-/dp/B00A6Q596I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384838012&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+to+30pin

The iPhone 4 is connected to the AppRadio by a direct connection. Your touch inputs are translated to the phone via the USB data port on your 30 pin port. This is faster, and more responsive than the bluetooth based solution used for the iPhone 5/5s/5c due to the slower data rate of bluetooth and because the Apple HDMI adaptor has lag. You have the fastest interface method for your phone. It may be that your phone is simply slow due to it being a device that is 3 generations old. However, I have not used an iPhone 4 with an appradio, so I don't know for sure. 

How responsive are your AppRadio apps?

The iPhone 4 is connected to the AppRadio by a direct connection. Your touch inputs are translated to the phone via the USB data port on your 30 pin port. This is faster, and more responsive than the bluetooth based solution used for the iPhone 5/5s/5c due to the slower data rate of bluetooth and because the Apple HDMI adaptor has lag. You have the fastest interface method for your phone. It may be that your phone is simply slow due to it being a device that is 3 generations old. However, I have not used an iPhone 4 with an appradio, so I don't know for sure. 

How responsive are your AppRadio apps?

very responisve. I think you are right about the 4 being slow...I've watched some youtube videos of people showing off appradio extentions on the iphone 4 and its laggy on theirs too....Maybe its time to upgrade

What iphone are you using?