AVIC411.com

Avic F900BT lost all maps data and stucked on the startup screen

Hello to all,

I know that my Avic F900BT is not the latest model on the market but I hope that some of you can still help me to solve this damn problem.

Suddenly it stopped working with the display stucked on the startup screen, in my case the Mercedes-Benz logo. The CD player still worked but without the ability to move between tracks.

Then... first I tried to follow the instructions found in the forum, trying to make a backup of all data but the only files I've found are the following:

GPSPARA0.BIN

GPSPARA1.BIN

GPSPARA2.BIN

GPSPARA3.BIN

In addition to the above files I found 2 folders "Dump Files" and " ExtraDumpFiles " both empty. However, I copied everything. You never know ... :-)

At this point, unable to recognize both firmware and maps versions, I downloaded from the website of Pioneer firmware ver.2009000 and the result was that the unit has started, but now works only the back-camera.

The CD does not work and the disc still loaded can not even eject.

The only thing that I realized is that I lost all the maps... :-(

Before trying to update the firmware to version 3021000 I wanted to try to seek help from you that you have already solved similar problems in the past.

Unfortunately in the forum I only found dead links ... so I hope that someone will bring it back from the grave. :-)

What can I add?

I'm in Italy, the unit is mounted on a MB CLK W208 model and I'd like to know if I can even connect it to the steering wheel ... but it would be almost a nice thing to get it back working again. :-)

Thank you in advance for your help.