AVIC411.com

FYI - streaming from Droid to AVIC Z2

I decided to post this here as I tried posting in the troubleshooting section but there were no replies. Since then I managed to figure things out myself.

I wanted to stream music from my droid to the AVIC Z2.

I have GPS, rear camera, XM (not used any more) and bluetooth for the phone all connected to the Z2, but of course could not stream music as the bluetooth device only works for the phone.

Instead of paying around $200 for a newer bluetooth I decided to use an older Belkin bluetooth I had laying around.

Connected the Belkin to the A/V (audio in) port on the Z2 - had to purchase an RCA to stereo jack. But then had to also purchase a female to male stereo converter as the Belkin had a male Stereo jack. (Couple of bucks at Radio Shack)

Plugged it all in, enabled the A/V on the Z2 and was streaming music.

I then decided to see if I could pair the existing Pioneer Bluetooth at the same time and it worked. On the Belkin, once it is paired, you can disable the phone section so that only music will be used. I did this as the Belkin did not have very good clarity when on a call.

I then turned everything off and on again but ran into a little snag. The pioneer bluetooth paired right away but the Belkin did not - I disconnected the Pioneer one and tried again but it would not pair. Every time I had to manually pair it up - or should I say connect it.

So after a 2 minute search on the internet, I came across an app called "Bluetooth Auto" - installed the app and selected the Belkin as priority - now every time I power up the Z2, the Belkin connects right away and so does the Pioneer.

Tested with an incoming call while streaming Pandora and the sound is muted. After the call, the music volume goes back to normal.

The only downside of this is that when streaming music, I have to have the Z2 on A/V which means the screen on the Z2 is blank. So I changed it to either map view or to the Clock/Speed/Direction view. 

Would be great if I was able to see the actual music channel from Pandora on the Z2.

Hope that this helps someone out.